Looking back at everything I've posted, the subjects, the problems, all the emotional and verbal places I've gone, I just have to sit back and say, "What the fuck?"
What has happened to us? I know that things got derailed somewhere but I just can't figure out where.
We are in a time where science, reason, and fact-based knowledge are under assault.
Charles Darwin's On the Origin of Species was published in 1859. Life science, geology, every science related to the earth has proved and proved and super proved that this is the only reasonable explanation for the world around us. And now, it seems, the push against it and for superstition is actually GAINING strength!!! More people believe this creationism shit (in America), probably, than like 10 or 20 years ago!
Do you realize how bad this is?
It's bad, is the answer.
I had been pretty much OK with religion until, like, today. That's kind of a hard sentence to follow. The point at hand, though, is that this belief in God (or god) is giving motherfuckers an excuse to dismiss science and reason. And while I was all psyched about the new, correct pope, and while I'm certainly moved by Buddhism, I'm fucking sorry, we can't be having this shit anymore. It's too fucking important for the continued existence of mankind that we accept the statistical realities of the world we live in and adapt to the very present and obvious dangers that are confronting us.
And I'm fucking sorry, but finding inner peace, or turning the other cheek aren't going to fucking help us where we are now. Living in the moment isn't good enough. Forgiving isn't good enough. Our lives are in danger motherfuckers! Philosophy really fucking doesn't matter anymore either. The numbers are key, and, they tell a story of how fucking fucked we really are. Time to like, do something about it, man.
Time (a number) is running down to the point of our destruction.
If the Earth gets not-that-much-warmer-than-it-is-now on average humans aren't going to be able to live here anymore.
So, that's good.
It seems to me the only way we can pull all of our asses out of the fire, and hopefully, actually improve everyone's quality of life, is to fucking cooperate and drop the pretenses and dick show over who's the greatest. IF WE ALL DIE WHO FUCKING CARES???!!!!
So anyway. I know we can't just do that and just invent clean energy and just change everything all in one day. I know that's impossible. So I guess some of these lesser concerns are going to have to be addressed. Damn it.
But we've got nothing but time. Or should I say, that's all we have to do? Anyway, let's go. Let's do this. Let's make everybody get along GOD DAMN IT!!!
Yeah.
Sincerely,
W. Giffs Afuckhh
No comments:
Post a Comment